Paralegal Studies - Classroom
How to Apply
Individuals interested in attending the classroom Duke Paralegal Certificate Program must submit an application during the application period in order to be considered for admission. Applications can only be submitted via the online application that is available on the Duke Continuing Studies Paralegal Certificate website. Applications submitted in any other form will not be accepted.
Criteria for Admission
All applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess word processing and internet skills.
- Have an email account and regular access to a computer.
- Hold either an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree. Upon notification of admission to the program, an official sealed transcript must be submitted. For degrees earned outside of the US, proof of equivalency to a US degree will need to be provided by World Education Services (WES) in place of a transcript. WES must be contacted directly by the applicant.
- Be fluent in the English language (including reading and writing).
- Upon notification of admission to the program, be able to pay the tuition fee in full or in accordance with the payment plan as described on the Payment Plan page of the Paralegal Studies website. Additionally, Duke Continuing Studies must be notified of approved loans by the established deadline.
- Submit the online application during the Application Period and pay the $25 non-refundable application fee.
Note: the Application Period for the Spring 2014 program is from October 21, 2013 through December 20, 2013.
- Submit your supplemental documents to the Program Manager
- Reference Letter
- Signed Program Policy
Note: Supplemental documents can be sent by postal mail, email (email@example.com), or fax (919-668-6747). All supplemental documents should be sent to the program office within two weeks of application submission.
Applicant files are reviewed to determine approval within 7 business days of receiving all supplemental documents. Applicants who are approved will continue through the enrollment process and complete the following steps.
- Submit an official, sealed college transcript to verify a conferred Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree. Transcripts must be received no later than January 10, 2014. For degrees earned outside of the US, proof of equivalency to a US degree will need to be provided by World Education Services(WES) in place of a transcript. WES must be contacted directly by the applicant.
- Register for the program and pay tuition
Approved applicants must register for the course and pay tuition by Friday January 10, 2014.
The Application Period for the Spring 2014 program opens Monday October 21, 2013 and closes on Friday December 20, 2013.
Once all supplemental documents are received by the program office, applications will be reviewed to determine approval. Applicants will be notified of their admission status within one week of complete submission. Please note that submission of an application and payment of the application fee is not a guarantee of admission to the program.
Admission to the program is discretionary and space is limited. Duke Continuing Studies, Professional Certificate Program requires students to be at least 18 years of age and meet minimum suitability standards for admission. Admitted students are Duke University Continuing Studies students and not matriculated Duke University students, therefore university student privileges do not apply.
The Registration Period for approved applicants opens on November 1, 2013 and closes on January 10, 2014. Admitted students wishing to register must enroll in the course, pay tuition, and submit an official sealed college or university transcript by the close of the Registration Period.
Duke Continuing Studies reserves the exclusive right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to withhold registration or require withdrawal from the program of an applicant or enrolled student. Admitted students are registered on a first-come, first-served basis.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
|October 21, 2013||Application period opens: Applications must be completed and submitted online.|
|December 20, 2013||Application period closes: All applications must be submitted online and application fees paid by 5:00pm.|
|November 1, 2013||Registration opens: Admitted applicants can register and pay tuition.|
|January 10, 2014||Registration and transcript deadline: All applicants who wish to enroll in the Spring 2014 program must register, submit their official transcripts, and pay tuition by 5:00pm.|
|February 3, 2014||First day of class.|
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All supplemental documents can be sent by postal mail, email, or fax. Official transcripts must be sent by postal mail.
Program Manager, Duke Paralegal Certificate Program
114 S. Buchanan Blvd
Smith Warehouse, Bay 6
Campus Box 90708
Durham, NC 27708
Ready to get started?
The link below takes you to the required electronic application. If you are a new user, you will be guided to create a profile. After filling out your profile and the application, when you are prompted to pay the application fee, check the email account that you entered for your profile to access messages containing your username and password.