Paralegal Studies - Online
Tuition must be paid in full prior to beginning the program. The tuition for the program is $6,995. Books are not included in the tuition and are an additional $500 - $625. There are funding options available on the Funding Sources page.
Paralegal Certificate Program ONLINE GLOBAL
Individuals interested in the Duke Online Global Paralegal Certificate Program must submit an application. The application process consists of completing the initial application form, payment of a nonrefundable $25 application fee, and the submission of additional supplemental documentation. Supplemental documentation includes a reference letter, current resume, and a signed Program Policy.
Please see below an overview of the application process:
- Submit an application and pay the application fee of $25.00. Please note that submission of an application and payment of an application fee does not guarantee admission to the program.
- All applicants must complete the Duke Continuing Studies electronic application. No other form of the application will be accepted.
- Once an application is received by the Program Office, the applicant will receive an email confirming receipt by within 3 business weekdays (not including holidays).
- All applicants will receive a Program Policy via mail. The Program Policy must be reviewed, signed, and returned to the Program Office before an applicant is considered for admission.
- Applicants will be notified of their admission status within seven business weekdays (not including holidays) from the date their application was electronically submitted and all supplemental documents are received.
- Prior to receiving their login information and beginning their studies, all admitted applicants must pay their tuition in full or the Duke Continuing Studies office be notified that their loan has been approved.
How to Apply
Please see below steps that you should take prior to completing your application.
- Visit the student website to read more about how the program works.
- Complete the Test Drive on the student web site.
- Read the Payment Information and Refund Policy below.
- Apply online using our secure electronic application.
Application questions? 866-EDU-DUKE (383-3853) or 919-684-3379
Tuition payments are accepted by credit card, certified check and money order. We accept Mastercard and Visa only. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Duke University and mailed to:
Registration: Paralegal Certificate
Duke Continuing Studies
8 East Union Dr.
Durham, NC 27708
In the memo field of your certified check or money order, please write your name exactly as you entered it in the registration form. Please note that we are unable to accept personal checks for the Online Paralegal Certificate Program.
As of January 1, 2013, applicants must hold a minimum of an Associate’s degree. Upon notification of admission to the program, an official sealed transcript must be submitted. For degrees earned outside of the US, proof of equivalency to a US degree will need to be provided by World Education Services (WES) in place of a transcript. WES must be contacted directly by the applicant.
There are no refunds for the Online Paralegal Program. Admission is discretionary. Duke Continuing Studies, Professional Certificate Program requires students to be at least 18 years of age and meet minimum suitability standards. Students are not matriculated Duke University students and university student privileges do not apply to Continuing Studies students.
Duke Continuing Studies reserves the exclusive right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to withhold registration or require withdrawal from the program of an applicant or enrolled student.
The link below takes you to the required electronic application. If you are a new user, you will be guided to create a profile. After filling out your profile and the application, when you are prompted to pay the application fee, check the email account that you entered for your profile to access messages containing your username and password.