IMAGINE . . . Leading by Example!
What to Bring
- Sheets: extra-long twin set or two regular flat sheets, pillow, pillow cases.
- Heavy comforter (gets chilly in the dorms)
- Casual clothing: light cotton is recommended (summer weather in Durham is hot, usually 80-90 degrees, and humid).
- Towels, washcloths
- Clothes hangers (if you want to hang clothes)
- Toiletries - don't forget sunscreen
- Alarm clock
- Quarters and laundry detergent, if needed (instructions on doing laundry might be a good idea too!)
- Favorite athletic equipment: tennis racket, etc (we furnish frisbees, nerf-balls, and other outdoor and indoor toys and games)
- Spending money (about $75)
What to leave at home: Neither the Program nor Duke University assumes responsibility for broken, lost, or stolen personal items.
- Expensive sound, photographic, video or computer equipment
- Refrigerators are prohibited
COMPUTERS - Parents Please Read!
Duke IMAGINE campers can bring computers to assist them in completing their out-of-class work.
Participants unable to bring computers will have limited access to computer stations in the residence hall and other academic buildings. Neither the Program nor Duke University assumes any responsibility for the material students access via this internet connection.
CELL PHONES - Parents Please Read!
We know that parents and children value the ability to stay in touch with each other. For that reason we do not prohibit cell phones at camp.
Parents are responsible for setting clear guidelines for cell phone use with their student.